- Use solar panels that produce a percentage of their energy
- Reuse water and heat produced in a natural gas plant, in some of their textile manufacturing processes
At Maison Tess. all of your orders are carefully packed using zero plastic and part of our packaging is biodegradable.
- Are all OEKO-TEX® Certified. This simply ensures that our products are completely free from harmful chemicals and safe for human use.
- Maison Tess. is proudly part of the BCI (Better Cotton Initiative). The Better Cotton Initiative exists to make global cotton production better for the people who produce it, better for the environment it grows in, and better for the sector’s future. We are committed to sourcing 100% of our cotton as 'more sustainable cotton' by 2021 (More sustainable cotton’ includes Better Cotton, organic cotton and recycled cotton). Better Cotton is not physically traceable to end products. However, BCI Farmers benefit from the demand for Better Cotton in equivalent volumes to those we source.
Less Carbon Footprint
We strongly believe in the reduction of Carbon Footprint. With that in mind we have made the conscious decision to have production shipped out to us by boat twice a year ONLY. In order to accommodate our customers demand we make all of our products available on pre order to make sure they can purchase it before it has actually come into the warehouse.
- All orders are shipped in full. Pre-order items are sent out once the full order is received. This allows us to reduce both carbon footprint and packaging waste.
Bringing meaning and purpose to our products is a value we cultivate each day.
Discover how we do it.
All of our returned sheets are donated to Chez Doris Women’s Shelter in Montreal.
We don’t let anything go to waste; every sheet produced is given a purpose.
For the launch of our Baby Tess. collection in 2019, we had the honor to team up with petites mains to produce crib sheets and pillowcases by recycling our washed linen fabric and helping women in need to better integrate into our community.