For the filling
- 24 ounces (about 2 pints) fresh blueberries
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar, see notes
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or use water
- Pinch fine sea salt
For the crumble topping
- 3/4 cup (100 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (65 grams) gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) coconut sugar or combine 1/4 cup brown sugar + 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) butter, melted (1 stick) or substitute 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- To serve : Vanilla Ice Cream
• Reduce the sugar: The sugar needed depends on how tart your blueberries are.
- Heat oven to 375F degrees
- Add blueberries, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of flour, sugar, and a pinch of salt to a 9-inch pie dish (or use a 2-quart baking dish). Toss well until combined.
- For the crumble topping, combine flour, oats, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the melted butter then stir until all the flour has been moistened by the butter and the topping is crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberry filling.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes until juices are thickened and the topping has turned light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes, top with vanilla ice cream & serve!
- Make-Ahead: Of course- best served warm from the oven, but you can bake it an hour or two ahead and reheat in a 350ºF oven to warm it up
- Storage: Keeps well in fridge for up to a few days. Reheat leftovers in a 350ºF oven until warm.
- Frozen berries: If fresh berries aren't available, you can use frozen berries. No need to defrost first- just bake the dish 5 or 10 minutes longer if need be.
Recipe from Mademoiselle Jules